[CLUE-Tech] Mailman question

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Tue Jan 15 19:59:06 MST 2002

Jeffery Cann wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> As you know, CLUE uses Mailman to administer email lists.  Lately, I am not
> sure when, the form to authorize pending requests times out every time I try
> to submit it.
>
> Sometimes, the form data will post and the messages will be delivered, other
> times, it will not post.  Either way my request times out or takes several
> seconds to complete.
>
> Has anyone run into this problem?  My instinct suggests that it is a DNS
> problem, but I am not knowledgeable about networking.

I don't see anything wrong with DNS on the server side.  There don't seem to be
any reverse lookups happening, and even if there were the name servers in
/etc/resolve.conf look ok (some don't have PTR records, but that should be ok).
So if it is DNS I'd look on your end (but you can get to the page ok so that
seems unlikely).

I'm not a mailman expert nor a python expert, so I'm not sure where else to
look.  There are a lot of messages in /home/mailman/logs/errors but they don't
seem to be related to what you're doing (you could tell better than I, though).

It could just be server load.  It takes fairly long for me to connect with ssh.
That could be network problems, too, but traceroute doesn't show anything wrong
- I haven't looked more deeply than that.