[CLUE-Tech] Stress testing

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Wed Jan 16 20:17:19 MST 2002

Few things:

1) Are there any relevent entries in /var/log/messages right before the
kernel starts stuff for the next reboot?
2) Have you applied any of the RedHat updates to 7.1?  7.1 was the first
version with the 2.4 kernel series and, IIRC, had an odd compiler and
library problem until the updates where applied.
3) Hard drive: Is there anything that is leading you to this conclusion?
4) What is creating the 'heavy load'?