[CLUE-Tech] State of Art in Clustering?

Keith Hellman kehellman at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 14:40:25 MST 2002

It looks like I'm going to be working (for the next several weeks) on
specing out API + Schema + architecture for a client proposal.

Unfortunately, I can't divulge alot of details.  My concern is that I'm
SURE I'll be asked about opensource technologies such as Apache, Linux
Clusters, and Postgres.

I've been knee deep in the Linux embedded world for the last year or so,
and before that I was stuck in a M$ Access job.  I'm familiar &
comfortable Linux, but I've never attempted a cluster, and I've never used
Postgres.  My last Apache install was around 2-1/2 years ago, and given
what I've read about Apache 2.0, I might have well installed NCSA :^)
My question?  What is the state of the art for wedding these three
technologies together?  I'm not an entire idiot, and if things are
reasonably documented I tend to be able to make them work.

* Would anyone recommend a particular distro (I know RH & SuSE have
clustering packages on them...).

* I'd like to do a little cramming this weekend - any recommendations
on sites or documentation people have found particularly useful?

* Any other advice or insights would be appreciated.

TIA

=====
Keith E. Hellman
kehellman at yahoo.com