[CLUE-Tech] URGENT-RAID Recovery Needed-HELP

George Finney g2_finney at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 12:25:33 MST 2002

Gents,

I've got a situation, our primary server has lost 2 of
it's 4 scsi hard drives.  We had a root partition
running RAID5 across 4 drives and it appears from IBMs
check disk utility that 2 of them are bad.  We are
doing software raid using Redhat 7.1 and the 2.2
kernel.  We had our /boot partition mirrored, our
/root partition striped and our swap partition
mirrored.  We need to at least be able to retrive the
content to put on our backup server before Monday.  At
best to restore everything.  We do have spare hds.

Question 1: IS it possible to recover our content from
such a failure?
Question 2: What utilities are out there to aid in
such a recovery.
Question 3: This is a time critical issue, if there is
anyone out there who might be able to deliver
assistance, or if there are companies out there who
can handle recovery from this type of failure.  Please
respond ASAP.  Please call George @ 303-596-0417.

Thanks,
George Finney