[CLUE-Tech] Migrating to different server

Todd A. Gibson tgibson at augustcouncil.com
Sun Jan 27 09:00:13 MST 2002

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 10:28:57PM -0700, Dan Harris wrote:
> Just a thought here, but have you considered just swapping the hard drive?
>
> -Dan

Ah, that's a great idea.  However, one of the features of the new
servers is a pair of mirrored drives.

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 04:53:06AM -0000, jason at matchingmoms.com wrote:
> Forgive me if I say things you already know.  One can use mysqldump to
> create a script which will recreate the database.  It will look
> something
> like:

I didn't know about mysqldump.  1-2 days' effort just saved.  Thanks!

> The fact that you are migrating production servers suggests that you
> are having considerable success in the web space, and I congratulate
> you for that.

Heh.  You're too kind.  I'm afraid it's just online courses and Web
sites for friends w/out a persistent internet connection of their own.
It's the online courses I'm worried about.
Paying customers on that...(unfortunately not paying me).
-TAG