[CLUE-Tech] Lousy no-good @!$#%@#$% (cracked)

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Tue Jan 29 07:02:37 MST 2002

Okay: This thread has been absolutely fascinating!  I must say.

However, here is my question.   At work, I've got a linux box on the
Internet.  Red Hat 7.2, and I've used 'bastille' to allegedly lock it down
a bit.  I'm running FTP, Sendmail, and ssh.  Yeah, that's it.  Anyway,
it's been up on the net for a bit, and I'm wondering: What else can I do
to lock it down?  My network segment here isn't scanned much, but I'm
still worried about being cracked.

Secondly:  I've got an OpenBSD firewall on my ISDN router acting as a
firewall. Is there many stories of OpenBSD getting cracked?  I'm running
ssh and ftp on there, and other ports are forwarded elsewhere (sendmail,
fr example is sent to a linux box).

oh, well.  Hope things get cleaned up okay, I'd recommend a clean install,
rather than cleaning up the mess that's been made.

adam