[CLUE-Tech] Fwd: Free book <- gv won't read it

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 31 11:02:10 MST 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Jed S. Baer wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:18:47 -0700
> Jeffery Cann <fabian at jefferycann.com> wrote:
>
> > Subject: Free book online from Apress - download Jason Gilmore's "A
> > Programmer's Guide to PHP 4.0" for free!
>
> Ooooh, nifty. Now I just need to be able to read it.

*snip*

> What are people using to read this?

Xpdf seems to handle it just fine, at least the first chapter.
I expect they mean for people to read it with Adobe Acrobat,
seeing as there's a link to the Acrobat reader on the page.

Adobe does make a reader for Linux, though I can understand not
wanting to use an Adobe product... but Xpdf seems to handle the
files just fine, though I think the formatting is off a wee bit.

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
"If there's going to be any future for us, our first invention
must be a meme-killer. We must destroy in ourselves and in
the people around us the meme proclaiming civilization to be
an unsurpassable invention." -- Daniel Quinn