[CLUE-Tech] CLUE: DSL - PCISYS

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Tue Jul 2 17:22:57 MDT 2002

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Richard Knechtel wrote:

> Anyone having better luck with other DSL ISP's ?

I'm using AmericanISP.  Getting set up was a little of a pain, but
that was when mobs were leaving qwest.net due to the forced migration
to MSN.  So, I give them the benefit of the doubt in being overwhelmed
with a flood of new customers.

http://www.americanisp.net/

> 1) Good uptimes.

My uptimes are good.  It does go down occaisionally (< 2hrs.), but I suspect
it may be the 50 yr. old patchwork of phone wires in my home.  If I'm home I
can reboot my CISCO 678 and the connection comes right back up.  If I'm not
home...well, it has always just come back up.

> 2) good speed.

Ok by me.  I'm paying Qwest for the DSL Deluxe (640 Kbps down/256 Kbps up).

> 3) Linux friendly.

Yeah.  They also offer hosting on Linux servers, and you get a shell account.

> 4) Static IP's.

They are not advertised as static.  However, mine has not changed since I got
it about 6-months ago.

--
Cheerio!

Randy