[CLUE-Tech] CLUE: DSL - PCISYS

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Jul 3 22:55:13 MDT 2002

* Randy Arabie (rrarabie at arabie.org) wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Timothy C. Klein wrote:
>
> My speed isn't a problem.  It's the reliability of the connection.  It
> drops for unexplained reasons.  Not regularly, but often enough to make
> me wonder.

Oops, sorry, missed that.  Well, let us know if it makes a difference.
I would be curious to know.  When I first got DSL (been a few years
now), I would also have problems with the connection going dead.  But
mine were not line problems (the modem would always show that it was
synchronized with the DSLAM), and I would have to power cycle it to get
it back up.  I never did anything to fix it, but eventually it just quit
happening.  Odd.

What kind of DB loss (is that what it is called?) to you get on your
line.  Mine is somewhere around 30 or so, the last time I checked.  That
is the main indicator of the line quality.  Not sure if it would be
useful with intermittent problems.

Tim