(SOLVED?) Re: [CLUE-Tech] Logitech optical mouse?

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Thu Jul 4 09:54:51 MDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 09:27:11AM -0600, Grant Johnson wrote:
> I use one and have had no troubles.  I would suggest trying the generic
> and logitech specific settings.  One should work.

setting protocol="ImPs/2" seems to work well.

I am runnign this devive thru a KVM switch, so I am not using the USB
feature, but rather the PS/2 adaptor.

I am not sure if this is correct, but I sysmlinked /deb/input/mice to
/dev/psaux.

The new setting (/dev/input/mice) seems to be an XFree-86-4'ism.  I saw
some discussion about how it lets gpm and X share the mouse; I do not
run gpm, so the symlink works for me.

When I tried "mknod /dev/input/mice c 13 63" I got a 'cannot open / no
such device' upon starting X.

Thanks for the 'input'

aloha,
dave