[CLUE-Tech] Setting System Time

Charles Oriez coriez at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 08:18:21 MDT 2002

--- Warren <warren at guano.org> wrote:
> David Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:
>
>  > In April, Warren posted about a problem with his file
> timestamps:
>  >
> http://clue.denver.co.us/pipermail/clue-tech/2002-April/003920.html
>  >
>  > In short, date shows the correct time, but files are created
> with
>  > timestamps 6 hours in the future (when localtime is MDT).
>  >
>  > Warren, did you find a fix for this?
>
> No, I did not.  I sweated over it for a while, then decided to
> tackle
> it again later...it's still in my to-do list on my Palm...I just
> keep
> advancing the due date every few days.

I'm away from the house so I can't lay my hands on my Mandrake linux
doc. However, I recall that they had special instructions in the
install procedure re the clock depending on whether you were
configured with a dual boot that included a windoze partition.
Windoze did something with the clock that linux by itself does not,
that fubared the setting for the linux side. Mandrake included
instructions when setting the clock to allow for that and my clock
now works fine on both partitions.

Sorry I can't be more help, but I suspect the doc on the mandrake
home site will discuss it some.