[CLUE-Tech] cable modem question

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Tue Jul 9 10:00:41 MDT 2002

Sorry to bother the list with this question, but has anyone had any
troubles with their AT&T cable modems recently?  I set up a box, and the
OS did not matter - I could not get modem to assign a dhcp address to
the computer last night, and I was hoping that it was possible that AT&T
was just down or something.  If not, I'm out of ideas.  I even had the
computer name set to the one they prefer the c169338-a number or
whatever it was, I don't remember now.  Then I simply had the computer
using dhcp to get an address from the modem with no success.  Tried Red
Hat 7.3 and Windoze XP.
--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com