[CLUE-Tech] More oracle, Jed. Welcome to the nether regions of hades

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Mon Jul 15 08:16:23 MDT 2002

Okay, Jed, with everyone else on the list mostly ignoring this:

Now that exports are working, I need to test imports.  My export file, by
the way, is like 60k. That seems a touch small.  No wait, 730k.

So, I'm trying to create a new database.  When I use the GUI, it *never*
works.  It creates the service, but then, it puukes:  TNS protocol adapter
error.  I'm trying to create an empty database sans the files on the CD
(since what I want to do is just take my other db files, and plunk them in
there).

Any ideas why this is happening?  This is like, the 5th Oracle server that
does this. Seems a bit bone-headed to create a gui that can't create a
database like it should. I'm going to try editing config files by hand and
fiddling that way, but I don't have much hope.  Abandon ye...

--
Adam Bultman
adam at glaven.org
[ http://www.glaven.org ]