[CLUE-Tech] Solitaire, anyone? (crypto stuff)

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Tue Jul 16 21:53:49 MDT 2002

On 07-16 21:35, David Anselmi wrote:
> Timothy C. Klein wrote:
> >* Jed S. Baer (thag at frii.com) wrote:
> >
> >>Hi Folks.
> >>
> >>Well, I finally finished reading Neal Stephenson's "Cryptonomicon".
> >>Probably, most folks who find such interesting have already read it, but
> >>if you haven't, by all means, get a copy.
>
> [...]
>
> >Unfortunately, _Snow Crash_ and _The Diamond Age_, while good books, both
> >sort
> >of seemed to fizzle, to my mind.  The pages just ran out.  The plot did
> >wrap up, but it didn't feel very satisfying to me.
>
> Huh.  I liked Cryptonomicon least of the three.  Very tedious and the
> way all the pieces fell into place seemed contrived.  But there were
> some good things in it.

I didn't think it was too bad, either...definitely overrated, though.  I
liked Snow Crash a lot better.

Of all the authors that have written "cyberpunk" stuff (that I have read), I
like Greg Bear the best. Way back, I read Blood Music and couldn't put it
down. Not exactly cyberpunk, I suppose, but sci-fi is sci-fi, really. No
sense in hairsplitting. :)

If you like this kind of stuff (Snow Crash, Neuromancer, etc.), I cannot
recommend _Queen of Angels_ enough.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at bigfoot.com
NOTE: My ISP will be changing soon. Please use bigfoot.com.