[CLUE-Tech] Converting ext2 to ext3

Dale Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Thu Jul 18 10:21:07 MDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 03:44, Warren wrote:
> Not sure if this has been a topic before, but how easy is it to convert
> a partition from ext2 to ext3 (and back again if necessary)?
>
> Do you use 'tune2fs -J' or 'mke2fs -J'

tune2fs is what I used.

> I'm experimenting with the XOSL bootloader, and it doesn't seem to want
> to boot linux from an ext3-type partition...well, I think that might be
> the case.

GRUB is a very, very cool boot loader.  A little weird at first, but way
better than lilo (I am not familiar with XOSL; can't help you there).
GRUB understands ext2/3, reiser, and several other filesystem types.

The other advantage to GRUB is being able to boot an image located
anywhere on the disk and being able to change the boot parameters on the
fly.

-Dale

--
Now playing:
George Carlin - Napalm And Silly Putty (Disc 1 - (12) - Track 12

Better to have endured moments of sheer terror, than to have died having
lived life a coward.

A good solution now is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
- From debian-curiosa

Payin' the bills with my mad programming skills.
- Weird Al