[CLUE-Tech] Converting ext2 to ext3

Michael James Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Thu Jul 18 05:29:10 MDT 2002

I'll bet if you do an lsmod you'll find that it is just a module and not
compiled into the kernel. Using ext3 and booting ext3 are two different
issues. All of my machines(save one or two) are stock RedHat and luckily
RedHat is good enough to create and use an initrd that allows booting
from ext3, but when I went to build my own kernel awhile ago and left
ext3 as a module, but didn't make an initrd I couldn't boot. That is why
I mention it.