[CLUE-Tech] Converting ext2 to ext3

Dale Hawkins dhawkins at cdrgts.com
Thu Jul 18 12:50:56 MDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 04:42, Michael James Robbert wrote:
> The other issue with booting from ext3 is that it must either be
> compiled into the kernel (not the default for RedHat) or use must be
> using and initial ramdisk image (initrd).
> I guess a test would be, can you boot from ext3 with another bootloader
> like lilo or GRUB.

I use initrd with GRUB; works for all kinds of weird setups (like
scsi).  I have not had to compile a custom kernel in quite sometime.
(The Debian kernels are pretty good about including everything I need as
modules if nothing else).

--
Now playing:
George Carlin - Napalm And Silly Putty (Disc 2 - (21) - Track 21

Better to have endured moments of sheer terror, than to have died having
lived life a coward.

A good solution now is better than a perfect solution tomorrow.
- From debian-curiosa

Payin' the bills with my mad programming skills.
- Weird Al