[CLUE-Tech] making use of unused disk space

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Jul 21 18:26:44 MDT 2002

* Mark Cuny (clue at stardyne.org) wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Collins wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 19:58:56 +0000 Jason Friedman
> > <jason at powerpull.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > I want to allocate some of that to an existing partition.
> > > How do I do that?
> >
> > I gave you the method for creating a new partition.  I'm not aware of
> > any way you can add on to an existing partition.
>
> To re-allocate partitions without destroying data, you can use either
> Partition Magic (approximately $50) or you can use GNU's Parted
> program (free) at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/
>
> - Mark

Note: I have only used parted a couple of times, but with the partition
layout you listed, expanding any but the last partition would be a serious
pain in the but.  If your last partition is the swap partition, you
might be stuck.  But again, I have only used parted a couple of times.

Check parted out first, at least.  It is free.

Tim