[CLUE-Tech] IMP 3.1, horde 2.1 issues.

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Fri Jul 26 09:49:57 MDT 2002

I'm afraid I have some questions about IMP 3.1. I'm unsure of how many
people here run IMP, but I've got some tough ones for you.

I've installed IMP and horde successfully. All tests pass with flying
colors (except for MCAL and LDAP, but I don't use those).  I can log in
successfully to my server, as correctly configured to use 'imap' in
servers.php.  It lists all files as necessary (but lists all items, since
mail folders are in /HOME for each user)

However, any folder you enter is about 99% likely to have 'nothing in it'.
Most of the time, when you click on a given folder, it will have no
messages in it, even if there are in fact a great deal of messages in them
(i.e. several hundred, several thousand). I can connect properly to my
imap server (UW-IMAP, upgraded yesterday to the newest version) using a
slew of mail clients (OE, Evolution, Mozilla Messenger, etc) but IMP
almost always shows an empty mailbox.  When it *does* show messages, you
can't view one, it just says there was a problem, and won't display it.

I've searched the net exhaustively for a solution, but to no avail.

Ideas?

--
Adam Bultman
adam at glaven.org