[CLUE-Tech] VIM Question

Gary Threlkeld gthrelk at attbi.com
Tue Jul 30 11:47:29 MDT 2002

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 08:49:49PM -0700, Jeffery Cann wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to clear the search item that is highlighted
in VIM?  For
> > example, if I search for 'bob' and bob occurs 10 times, all 10
instances are
> > highlighted.  Nice feature, but after I found the 'bob' that I
need, I want to
> > turn off the highlight.
>
> Yep, I had the same problem. And the solution is:
>
>   :nohl
>
> (which I also map to Alt-/)
>
> --

Thanks Jeff for asking the question and thank you Matt for the answer,
I was having the same problem as Jeff.  The :nohl did the trick for me
but I didn't have the keyboard mapping set for Alt-/ so that didn't
work for me but I'm happy to be out of the woods - the highlighting
was becoming annoying!

Gary Threlkeld