Replys with broken HTML see [Re: [CLUE-Tech] Re: "Hmm... I I disagree."]

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Sat Jun 1 13:15:18 MDT 2002

On 05-24 15:05, Tim Harris wrote:

<snip>

> Jed, I am sending this reply from my Sylpheed client. So far I like it a
> lot. Looks somewhat like Kmail but more configurable. By the way, Netscape
> gives you the option to view html as an attachment but the default is in
> line. I farted around with pine earlier and tried to send a reply to this
> list earlier. But I couldn't figure out how to make the from line show my
> forwarding address which is what I'm a member of this discussion group
> with. Got a reply from the CLUE saying it is waiting approval because I'm
> not a member. My actual email address is timdharris at attbi.com but I always
> use a forwarder tdharris at usa.com. I had that email address for several
> years and I don't feel like changing it everytime I change ISPs. I guess
> I'm not a lazy as I thought --trying two new clients in one day.

I use Mutt, and it looks like you *may* have a wrapping problem in your
Sylpheed setup - the above came through as all one line (when I was
composing this email, I used Mutt's gqap macro to wrap it nicely). Anyway,
if you like Sylpheed, you may want to check out the Sylpheed-claws
project...I used that at one time, as it seemed to be more active than the
Sylpheed one. I reverted to Mutt since it is faster than GUI at console, and
sooo much faster than GUI when viewing mail remotely.

Re: HTML mail, I usually just delete mail that has HTML in it. AT&T insists
on sending their invoices as HTML-only. I emailed AT&T about this, and they
pretty much replied that, regrettably, they are unable to send out text
emails.  Really nice customer service they have. Of course, they top-posted
in their reply, too, so it was twice the irritation. :) Anyone using Mutt
that knows of a good way to view HTML messages if they have to? I'd
especially like something that made the text readable WITHOUT fetching
images, since that is one way spammers can track how many people are reading
their mail...

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome