[CLUE-Tech] Testing Network Performance?

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sat Jun 1 22:16:53 MDT 2002

Greetings.

I seem to have intermittent and unpredictable network slowdowns on my ATTBI
account.  The 'support' person was unhelpful -- she didn't know why and told
me to report the problem to 'abuse at attbi.com'.  She also couldn't explain why
I would report it to an email address, rather than going to another support
person.

So, I am looking for recommendations for command-line tools that folks have
used.  I would like run test of my network performance (really, only the
latency and transfer rate) via cron for a few days to see if I am imagining
the problem or what.  Sure, no objective benchmark is not great, but this is
a start.

Thanks.
Jeff