[CLUE-Tech] DSL recommendations?

erbo at silcom.com erbo at silcom.com
Sun Jun 2 18:21:30 MDT 2002

All this talk of DSL connections recently has reminded me that I wanted
to ask for an opinion.

Right now, my wife and I are using Qwest's dialup service, but, of
course, that's going to go away soon enough.  I am informed by Qwest's
sales office that our home is capable of getting DSL service now, so
I'm thinking that we should upgrade, but, of course, being a Linux user,
I can't go with their default service (MSN, yeuch!)

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good DSL ISP that,
preferably, fills all of these conditions?

* Can work with a Qwest-provisioned DSL line
* Doesn't give a rat's patootie if you happen to be running Linux
(Linux-friendly, of course, would be appreciated!)
* Will permit a NAT'd connection to allow both me and my wife to share
the high-speed connection (my wife is running Win98)
* Isn't too expensive (say, $20-30/month, exclusive of DSL line
charges, which, as I already heard, are about $32/month)

Any advice the group can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
in advance.

					Eric

--
Eric J. Bowersox (Erbo) - <erbo at silcom.com>