[CLUE-Tech] postgres restart failure

grant grant at amadensor.com
Thu Jun 6 08:46:49 MDT 2002

However, if the backend is already down, they should not complain about
losing their already lost session.  Exactly how did a shutdown happen
with open sessions left?  If you used the normal shutdown, it should have
waited for all open sessions to close.  If you used a forced shutdown, it
should have killed all connections.  The onlything I can think of is that
you set it for a normal shutdown, but no wait, which means that really, it
wouldn't start because it hadn't really stopped yet, but you didn't know
it didn't stop because you told the front end not to wait for the
shutdown.  I am attaching my startup and shutdown scripts.

                          Your mouse has moved.
       You must restart Windows for your changes to take effect.

#!/usr/bin/perl
print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);