[CLUE-Tech] Strange file changes

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 6 09:09:39 MDT 2002

The first thing to try is to change the security settings to "high" as I
had problems with Mandrake 8.2 in the "standard" security settings.
The system would overwrite file systems  permissions  I set.  Next when
you modify a menu file always back it up with a file with a somewhat
different name that the system won't touch.

I think the problem is probably related to the fact that Mandrake has
implemented a common menu system throughout all the various windowing
managers.  Perhaps changing your security settings will inhibit the
system from hijacking and terrorizing your work.