[CLUE-Tech] Re: Mutt [Was: Replys with broken HTML]

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Sun Jun 9 11:32:49 MDT 2002

On 06-09 10:58, Dave Price wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 09:56:39AM -0600, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> > >
> > > I use Mutt and view the HTML inline in my text window although I have also in
> > > the past had it setup to launch Galeon, but that got anoying. I have got a line
> > > in my .muttrc with "auto_view text/html" and in /etc/mailcap I have the line:
> > > text/html; /usr/bin/links --dump %s ; copiousoutput
> > > No images, just text output of the HTML.
>
> Hi,
>
> I use mutt, and have got this same setup ... but I still get text/html
> unsupported press v ... in order to view these messages ... i have tried
> exiting mutt and still no autodump ...
>
> any idea what 'else' I might be missing?
>
> aloha,
> dave
>
> (the only strange thing about my setup is that i run mutt in an xterm to
> a remote display, but links runs fine withing 'v' to display...)

My setup was slightly different than what Michael had suggested:

I run FreeBSD, and didn't have a /etc/mailcap...I did, however, have a
~/.mailcap, so I put this entry in it:
text/html;/usr/local/bin/links -dump %s;copiousoutput

My version of links only recognized the "-dump" flag, not the "--dump" flag.

Did you have anything else at the top of the message giving any kind of
error?

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome