[CLUE-Tech] my ongoing quest

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Thu Jun 13 17:14:54 MDT 2002

I'm still working on moving things from Windows 2000 to Linux on my
network, and my next logical step has to be the mail server I think.
There are 2 things that people around here worship about using
outlook/exchange

1) The calendar feature.  I like sendmail for linux a lot, and know it
well.  Is there a way to set up a calendar feature with sendmail using
netscape messenger?  Or is there some other mail client that people like
for windows that plays nice with a linux mail server?

2) They love having their mail folders stored online - like specialized
folders they've created besides their inbox.  I can obviously do this
using IMAP, so that's not a problem

My only other major issue is this: I still have all the boxes on our
network authenticating against this stupid Windows 2000 Active Directory
server.  So, I'd have to set up this new mail server so that sendmail
knows which accounts have access to it and all that.  Has anyone done
this before?
--

                                -Mike Staver
                                 staver at fimble.com