[CLUE-Tech] eth0 keeps dropping, whats up with that?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Wed Jun 19 07:23:28 MDT 2002

On 06-18 07:21, Jason Canney wrote:
> I have a distribution of linux that when I reboot or run ifconfig eth0 up it
> brings up the interface correctly, and I am able to ssh to the machine.
> About an hour or so later, the interface drops and I am unable or
> disconnected from the machine,,,, any thoughts?
>
> The machine is a dell and has a netgear (bay) NIC.  This equipment worked
> with redhat,,,, once I switched to madeinlinux.com I picked up this problem.

I see you have a lot of answers...if none of those fix your problem, make
sure you check that apm is not shutting it down...I've had RH 7.2 on a box,
and for some reason, APM was shutting down my interface.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome