[CLUE-Tech] odd ftp

charlie oriez coriez at oriez.org
Sat Jun 22 10:45:38 MDT 2002

On Friday 21 June 2002 10:48, Keith Hellman wrote:
> --- "Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 06:27:46 -0600
> >
> > charlie oriez <coriez at oriez.org> wrote:
> > > I run ftp at the console/command level since it is easier to manuver
> > > around directorys.  Ever since upgrading to Mandrake 8.2 last
> >
> > Have you somehow managed to get a .netrc file in your home directory? I
> > see nothing else that would cause an auto-login sequence or other such
> > behaviour.
>
> My ncftp will automagically try to login in as anonymous first - I use the
> -u option to circumvent the "feature"

no .netrc in /home/coriez or anywhere else.  the -u fixed it.  Thanks.

charles oriez          coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
"You want us to hit delete.  A blocking list is basically a diesel delete
key.  A blocking list is the bulk delete response to unwanted bulk email.
When we use a blocking list, we are hitting delete, as you ask us to
do.  Why do you object?"  -- David Canzi