[CLUE-Tech] Lists are back up [was Re: [CLUE-Talk] test message [please ignore]]

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Tue Jun 25 22:52:51 MDT 2002

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:57:26 -0600
> Lynn Danielson <lynnd at techangle.com> wrote:
>>just a test
>
> Gettin' too quiet in here for ya'?

Yeah.  Seems that the cron daemon on our clue server died which effectively
shutoff our listserver.  Since I'm the last person who messed with the box
I'm assuming it was my fault, but I'm not sure how I managed it.  I'm still
not convinced that everything's A-OK, but at least messages are comming
through again (albeit very slowly).

Anyway, my apologies everyone.  I've noticed a few messages have come
through that were a day or two old and there may be more to come.  So,
you might want to scan back through your inbox for them.

> OK, how 'bout let's talk about those web-based tech skills evaluation
> tests. I've done 2 in 2 days, for the same job. PL/SQL and ANSI SQL. Now
> why would anybody think that the ability to recall the meaning of the
> fourth (rarely used) parameter to some string handler function means
> anything at all WRT to one's ability to write good software?

Oh yeah.  Absolutely.  ;-^)

> If they'd just call my references, they'd realize that I walk on water, so
> they could save themselves, me, and the rest of the candidates a whole lot
> of time and effort. ;-)

I'm sure glad I'm not searching for a job right now (knock on wood).  I'm
appreciating the one I've got more and more.

> Oh, I suppose if this thread takes off, we'll have to change the subject
> line.

What? Do you mean that test message please ignore isn't a good subject line
for a thread? :-)

Lynn