[CLUE-Tech] Backup media and programs opinions?

Jeremy Huber jhuber at fallenknight.org
Wed Jun 26 08:37:59 MDT 2002

For software, I was looking at Arkeia (www.arkeia.com) for my ISP.  It's
cheaper than the other "big boys" like Veritas and Legato and has much of
the same functionality.  It even has a free version that will back up 2
workstations if you want to test it out.  For hardware we use DDS4 (20/40
gb) and DLT7000 (35/70 gb) drives.  Again, pretty handy and reliable drives,
but not always cheap, especially if you use tape changers.

Huber