[CLUE-Tech] Backup media and programs opinions?

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Wed Jun 26 18:27:57 MDT 2002

There are nasty stories floating about saying that dump has quite a few
problems.  (Undetected data corruption, data on tape not matching the data
on the system.)

That said, I've used it and not had problems.  Love the restore procedure.
just cd and ls your way around the catalog and mark what you want to
restore.

-d