[CLUE-Tech] Qwest, DSL and Linux/BSD?

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Wed Jun 26 22:10:58 MDT 2002

Step 1: switch ISP's ASAP.  I use ViaWest, and am very happy - for no
charge, I got a static IP with all ports open.  (That should answer your
server question)

Step 2: Go on ebay and find a Cisco 678 dsl router.  I have a 675, but
they are phasing those out. I'm talking about this router:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2033583801

This way you can set it up for DHCP, or whatever, hook up a hub to it, and
you now have an unlimited number of boxes without having to use connection
sharing with linux/windows/bsd, etc - and you can choose whatever OS you
want and are not restrained to that win modem.  Hope that helps.

--
				-Mike Staver
				 staver at fimble.com
                                 mstaver at globaltaxnetwork.com