[CLUE-Tech] Red Hat 7.3 upgrade - /usr partition too small

Paul Bille Paul at eBille.cudenver.edu
Fri Jun 28 11:54:41 MDT 2002

Ed > Partition Magic will do what you want. And FIPS might, also
Ed > Re-partition with a better layout and re-install.

Hello Ed,

There are some advantages to doing a clean install but reconfiguring all
the user accounts, mail, ftp, hosts . . . far out-weigh those
advantages.  I'm hoping I can do an upgrade.

My copy of partition magic is so old, I don't know if I can even find it
any longer.  I'll have to dig for that if I have no other option.

I'm not familiar with FIPS.  Is that part of the RedHat distribution?
Is it proprietary software?  Can I download it somewhere?

My CD burner is on another system that is running WinXP.  I presume I
can follow your "cheat-sheet" to create the ISO images, transfer them to
my Win box and burn them to CDs.  Are you aware of any obstacles to this
process?

Thanks,
Paul
http://bille.cudenver.edu/author