[CLUE-Tech] Stopping freakin' spam on the mailman lists

Jeffery C. Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Sun Jun 23 17:36:11 MDT 2002

Arrgh.

For some reason, pipermail (the program that archives our mailman lists) does
not hide poster's email addresses.

Given the sheer number of clue-tech email messages no on google, I have
noticed an increase of in number of attempted postings to the list.  None
reach the list because the bots haven't figured out how to subscribe and then
spam automatically.  However, as one of the list adminstrators, I am annoyed
because each attempt by a spam bot to post to the list results in a message
for me to authorize the non-subscriber's post.

So, I am crying 'uncle' and asking for some advice on what software we need
to set up to reduce the amount of spam that is pushed to our email lists.  We
are running sendmail, btw.

Thanks.
Jeff