[CLUE-Tech] Open source mass mailing software?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Fri Mar 1 10:23:51 MST 2002

On 03-01 09:31, Jim Ockers wrote:
> Here is what I do for mass mailings:
>
> > everyone who has an account on a particular system.  I plan to build a
> > big file of email and SMTP commands using PERL and getting the info from
> > the database from the app.  Then I will just dump that file on the mail
> > server.

>  echo "To: $email" >> asdf
>  cat mass-letter.txt >> asdf
>
>  cat asdf | sendmail -fwhoever at us.pason.com $email
> done
>
> rm asdf
> ===============SHELL SCRIPT===============

Thanks for all the input. The above looks like it might be nearly what I
need....if not, I guess I could convert to Perl if we reach the limitation
you spoke of?

Also: I failed to mention in my original message that a
"nice to have" would be some kind of mail-merge capability.

Eventually, the ideal would be to have something that could be configured
and kicked off via a browser interface.

Alas, sendmail is NOT currently set up on the box in question. Sendmail
intimidates me.  :)

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome