[CLUE-Tech] Samba-PDC/win2k help

Dan Harris coronadh at coronasolutions.com
Sat Mar 2 00:34:45 MST 2002

Yes, I did fix it.  The problem appeared to be that I manually added the
win2k machine accounts to the smbpasswd file and /etc/passwd.  I finally got
it to work by manually deleting the machine accounts from both files, then
letting win2k "automagically" add the accounts.  Only took me 7 hours to get
it to work.. gah..

All in all, I'd say I really like Samba as a PDC but sometimes it can be
very frustrating and the samba e-mail list seems to be big on questions and
small on answers.

-Dan

<quote who="Dave Anselmi">