[CLUE-Tech] local mail delivery

Jason Friedman friejas at abigail.powerpull.net
Sat Mar 2 12:19:27 MST 2002

I removed sendmail from my firewall box for security reasons (not because I think sendmail is more or less secure than other SMTPs, I just don't want SMTP running on that machine).

I want, though, to be able to send mail from one local user on that machine to another local user.  For example, I want to be able to receive my Tripwire reports.

However, when I attempt to mail a message using /bin/mail, I get a
/usr/sbin/sendmail: no such file or directory

Why, and how can I send (and receive) local mail on this machine?

Thanks,
Jason