[CLUE-Tech] Monolithic Kernel....needs to be smaller

Eric Batalden ghotinet at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 3 11:46:04 MST 2002

I am working on getting my kernel down to a managable
size.  it currently weighs in at 1.6MB.  I have looked
to linux.com and tunelinux.com for their articals and
shrinking the kernel.  they have been little help.
does any one know where same additional resources may
be?

the other troubling detail is my "make bzImage" yeilds
a kernel named vmlinux.  what is the difference
between vmlinux and vmlinuz?

thanks in advance

Eric