[CLUE-Tech] RE: monolithinc Kernel

Eric Batalden ghotinet at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 5 10:48:12 MST 2002

>Hmm, sounds fishy.  I thought vmlinux was the name
for an >uncompressed
>kernel, and vmlinuz was the compressed one.  If it
were >for some reason
>not compressed, maybe that is why it is so big?  But
make >bzImage is the
>right target for a compressed kernel.  So the one it
is >making in
>arch/i386/boot is called vmlinux?  Wierd.

this is how i remember things also.  i do like the "it
isn't compuressed" theory.  i have checked an found
the binary for bzip2 in /usr/local/, so i have a
program to compress it.  does any one know how to make
sure this is the one "make bzImage" calls?