[CLUE-Tech] Reminder: CLUE Meeting 3/12

Jeffery Cann president at clue.denver.co.us
Fri Mar 8 09:22:07 MST 2002

Greetings.

The next CLUE meeting will be held on 3/12.  Please visit our meeting
information page at http://clue.denver.co.us/meetingInfo.html for details
about the meeting, including directions.

*************************** Please Note ***********************************
After this month's meeting announcement, we will only send future
announcements to the low-traffic CLUE-Announce list.  If you have not already
done so, please visit http://clue.denver.co.us/mailman/listinfo/clue-admin to
sign up for the announcement list.

March CLUE meeting abstracts:

MAIN Session Topic:  Legal Issues for the Independent Contractor with
Emilyanne Marrs (7:15 pm)

An open discussion with an attorney who administers the retention and
utilization of independent contractors for an international software company.
 Emilyanne will cover the following issues:

 + Establishing professional boundaries.
 + Overcoming dread of contracts.
 + Protecting and maintaining of intellectual property.
 + Limiting liability and indemnification.
 + Arbitration and litigation.

KISS Session:  Installing Software with Dave Price (6:30 pm)

Dave is a a freelance computer consultant in the Denver area. In addition to
using Linux almost exclusively for personal tasks, he has installed,
configured and run various distributions for business and ISP applications.
Besides computers, Dave is interested in music, and plays around with audio
applications under linux (and sometimes windows).

We hope to see you at the meeting.

Jeffery Cann
CLUE President