[CLUE-Tech] lm_sensors

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Mar 12 16:45:47 MST 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:01:08 -0700
Mike Staver <staver at fimble.com> wrote:

>           map { oct "0x$_" } split;

> Line 801 is the one starting with "map { oct".  I don't know Perl, but I
> would assume the = is throwing it off??

Nope. Notice the semicolon at the end? That terminates the statement.

This looks funny to me, but then I fiddle with Perl only occasionally.
However, the oct function evaluates an expression as an octal string,
returning a decimal value. So, why force hexidecimal using "0x" notation,
I don't know. I think this script is confused.

However:
> Illegal hexadecimal digit 'P' ignored at /usr/sbin/sensors-detect line
> 801, <INPUTFILE> line 2.

makes sense, since letters beyond A-F are illegal as hexidecimal. If you
want to see what it's trying to operate upon, put the following above line
801:
  print "\nAbout to mung: $_\n\n";

OTOH, looking at my own /proc/bus/pci/devices, maybe it's trying to use
"Parport_pc" (which is not capitalized on my machine). I gotta run, or I'd
fiddle s'more.

--
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it."