[CLUE-Tech] Moving an existing installation to a second hard drive

Adam Bultman adamb at glaven.org
Wed Mar 13 08:53:00 MST 2002

Hmm.....  I am currently logged onto a machine where I transferred my
dual-boot solution from an 8 GB drive to a 60 GB one.  / is ext3,
/mnt/more (the large partition) is ext2, and the windows partition is
NTFS.  The only issue was I had to run fsck on the large partition
recently, but I think that was my fault.

Ghost has only failed me once; and that was attempting to transfer a
fubared windows partition (ntfs) from a SCSI drive, and I'm pretty sure
the SCSI drive as at fault (ghost didn't like it).

I'd give ghost a try.  I keep two disks handy:  win98 boot, and ghost, in
case I need to do stuff.  It's fast, reliable, and it has saved me a ton
of time.

Adam

--
Adam Bultman