[CLUE-Tech] Re: [CLUE-Talk] Word document question about file creation and modification info.

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Thu Mar 21 12:59:27 MST 2002

On 03-21 12:40, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a tricky question (cause I don't use Word), I've got a Word
> document and I see by Star Office under properties menu item that a
> person created the document and another one modified it.  Can Word tell
> me more about who modified it under Word and where do I look?  Can I
> grep the file for this info in Linux?

It's under File->Properties inside Word 2000. Yes, you can grep for it, but
if you want to see any output, you'll have to give -a to grep, because it
wants to treat it as binary...otherwise, it just says that it matches if a
match is found.

I tried this with grep under Cygwin only, so YMMV. It should be the same or
nearly the same as grep on Linux, though.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome