[CLUE-Tech] CBDTPA

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 23 11:53:28 MST 2002

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Brandon N wrote:

> Anyone know our senators views on this bill?

I'm trying to find out. I've sent in the obligatory letters of
protest about the SSSCA, I haven't sent anything about the bill
since it's been renamed. On Monday I plan to call the offices of
both state senators and my rep to find out what their official
stance is.

However, even if the office says "we're not for it" don't be
lulled into thinking that they will actually vote against it.
It's not at all uncommon for politicians to denounce a bill
that they end up voting for. Even if they're truly against it,
many will vote the party line or vote for someone else's bill
to get votes for their own bills or whatever.

I hope that I can drum up at least ten or fifteen CLUEbies to
help protest this and possibly start a petition. If this bill
passes it could be disasterous for Linux.

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books... Men
should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives
and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I
can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that."
"Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" -- James Stewart