[CLUE-Tech] Junkbuster can't bind 127.0.0.1:8000

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Sun Mar 24 13:08:09 MST 2002

"Jed S. Baer" wrote:

> I think I might have figured this out. The lo device is missing. However,
> isn't it. I'm going to build the kernel with nbd included, instead of
> modular, which is what I was doing in the past.

No lo would do it.  Does ifconfig tell you anything?  Can you bring up the lo
interface with ifconfig?  If you can't I'd guess you don't have any of the
basic networking enabled (I'd think you have to go out of your way to get
that kind of kernel).

I don't know much about ifup, but IIRC it's a script that eventually gets
around to running ifconfig.  Most likely you have some config stuff used by
that script messed up.

What's nbd?  Network block device?  That has little to do with basic
networking so I'd ignore it while chasing lo problems.