[CLUE-Tech] Can't mount floppy on Dell laptop

BJ Tiemessen gonzo99 at holly.colostate.edu
Tue Mar 26 11:55:02 MST 2002

I can boot from the floppy.  I have been trying everything
with the floppy both docked in the media bay and connected
to the parallel port.
I also thought the modprobe message was weird and after
looking at some more log files I noticed about ten error
messages indicating that the module "floppy" could not be
found.  I looked into the kernel config and found that the
floppy is indeed built in, not module.
I have found a temperary work around to get files onto this
machine.  I am dual booting W2K so I can use the floppy under
windows to get files onto the machine.

BJ Tiemessen
Colorado State University
http://holly.colostate.edu/~gonzo99