[CLUE-Tech] Enlightenment

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri May 10 21:45:27 MDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-10 at 21:25, Kurt Sturm wrote:
> Hello again Ed, got that script down but my concern is that you are
> speaking of Redhat and I am running on Mandrake 8.2. In another of your
> emails you make mention of the following directory.........

  - Make sure you have Gnome installed so the panel binary is
    *somewhere* on your system

  - Go find the panel executable using something like:
    "locate panel"

  - Dig into the scripts that Mandrake uses to start X and find
    what you should name the resource file.  On Red Hat, its
    "$HOME/.Xclients" and on Mandrake it s likely to be the same.
    (Mandrake used to be RedHat + updates.)

  - Don't be afraid to play with things.  Just be careful to
    first make backups of any files *before* you modify them.

have fun!
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD    |  Email:       ed at eh3.com, ehill at mines.edu