[CLUE-Tech] Linux call center programs?

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri May 10 22:04:09 MDT 2002

On Fri, 10 May 2002 21:30:49 -0600
David Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

> Would you consider removing the disclaimer from your posts to the CLUE
> lists? It doesn't make much sense in a list context.  Of course it could
> be worse:
>
> http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/
>
> Also, if you change the ITEC link below to point to your contact page
> you could shorten your sig to two lines.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Dave

Ah, the wonders of technology. Auto-quoting, sigs, addition of v-card sigs
which can have URLs to animated gifs, auto-scanning of outbound mail for
viruses, and free-email services which stick ad lines at the bottom of
everything else when it goes through their systems. Does content really
expand to fill available bandwidth? Personally, I can't wait for the day
when I'll be able to e-mail an XML mail package containing a movie of
myself saying what I could have typed, complete with some of those
scrolling digital onscreen graphics like the TV companies use, and a
semi-transparent corner overlay with an ad from whatever service it is I'm
using to send it. ;-)

OK, I'll pry my tongue away from my cheek now.

But seriously, Dave. I've been trying to come up with a good replacement
sig, since the CBDTPA is dead for a while. Bashing M$ just isn't unique
enough, the Surrealistic Compliment Generator has been gone for over a
year, and not all of my mail recipients would want to hear about this:

http://www.teoti.com/share/out.php?z=aHR0cDovL3d3dy52bnVuZXQuY29tL05ld3MvMTEzMTYwOA==

Dunno. Guess I'll just go watch StarTrek Voyager (yawn), or maybe
Highlander 2. (And they said there could be only one!?)

Later,
jed
--
Fight the CBDTPA: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html
** this sig has been sanitized for your protection **