[CLUE-Tech] Opera 6

Dave Price davep at kinaole.org
Thu May 16 17:12:29 MDT 2002

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 08:55:37AM -0600, charlie oriez wrote:
> Anyone install Opera 6 yet? Any feedback?

Yes!  I have been very happy with opera from the start, the new v 6 is
excellent.

I installed the .deb 'QT shared' version with no problem on a debian
woody system.

I got it working with realplayer right away,

javascript works much better - I can log into my wells fargo and capital
one accounts now (it can lie and say it is IE5.5).

You can switch off pop-overs, but then some java stuff does not work.

I just replaced my CPU with a p-iii 500 (up from a p-ii 300) so
everything seems incredibly fast under blackbox now.  Opera seems very
quick compared to skipstone and a static-linked netscape 4.7 that i keep
on the same system.

aloha,
dave